Monday, January 17, 2011

A Day Off So I Can Work?!

There is nothing like a day off to get some work done!


The birds and I were up fairly early today, and I have spent most of the day cleaning and cooking (for both myself and the birds).


It is time for another batch of Birdie Crock Pot Surprise! I think I have 3 or 4 "ice cubes" of bean mix left, so time for a new batch.


This time, I plan to add a bit more rice to add firmness and extra grain value. I'll also be including cous cous and some tri-color rotini for fun.

I still have plenty of dry beans left over from my purchase at the organic health food store many months ago, including four different types of lentils, black beans, garbanzo beans, split green peas, split yellow peas, garbanzo, pintos and kidney beans. Penske especially loves anything orange, so I will definitely include carrot and sweet potato in this mash.


For the budgie-boys, I mash some up in the food processor before I freeze their ice cubes.


In the meantime, the bird room is in the process of getting a good cleaning (now that Coco has received her bath)! Look at that dirty face already!

COPYRIGHT © 2011 - ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

1 comment:

Arlene said...

Hmm...stick a toothpick in each one and you're got yourself one heck of an appetizer. :)
They're going to love it. One of these days I am going to make your Birdie Crock Pot Surprise.

Post a Comment