Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Redecorating Continues!


The redecorating project continues! The only question is... when do I replace the cardboard box?

Perhaps when it no longer stands up on its own?!


You will recall a month ago when the redecoration project was in its infancy stages:


Obviously there was much more work to be done!

Fast forward one month, and she continues to seem quite pleased with herself happily showing off her area without hesitation or concern:


She even allows my husband into her area with only a low grumble (always needing to be sure he remembers that entry is permitted only at her specific direction)!


Although excited (especially when I first come home from work), she shows no sign of problematic hormonal behavior. While much focus is on the box, ample time is spent out of the box with customary activities such as foraging, singing and daydreaming.
Coco was happy to see me this evening, but did greet me with a bit of a mess!

You can see a number of items from bottle caps to a shredding toy that received the old 'heave ho' today.
She greedily accepted a favorite treat from my hand: black striped sunflower seeds.
I was able to get off the mountain this morning, with the snow plow having made one pass yesterday and an additional scraping today including an application of sand/salt. As I went down the mountain I passed two vehicles (both 4-wheel drives) that were stuck trying to get up the mountain. Another 4-wheel drive vehicle was spinning and going nowhere at an intersection past the bottom of the mountain - despite being pushed by two burly men.
While I had no problems, for the first time ever I had to use 4-wheel drive 'low' in order to get out of the driveway!


===============
"I'm not sure, but I think I may have missed a piece....!"===============

By the way... anyone need shredding material?! Anyone?!!!




COPYRIGHT © 2010 - ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

6 comments:

Anneka said...

Ohmygosh, what a mess! but a happy birdie and that's very important.

louara said...

Coco! Oh my goodness, you are sure keeping your mom busy cleaning up all that mess!


She sure looks happy though!

Lorac said...

Sure is elaborate. Benni's (YNA) box shredding isn't nearly as far along. I'm still letting it proceed as she is happy and still quite affectionate. She makes happy talk while ripping apart her box. :)

Robin Cherkas said...

Awww - that is fabulous, Lora! I love listening to the happy-talk... isn't it the best?! I would love to see a picture of Benni!

Arlene said...

I'm sorry Robin but that picture made me laugh.
Looks like Steve has no shortage of fort repair work ahead. Maybe that's it. She wants a different apartment. You can only redecorate so much. :)

Happy New Year!

Robin Cherkas said...

She is serious about her redecorating, Arlene! lol! Perhaps she thinks it is her job to keep her daddy busy and out of trouble! :D

Post a Comment