Sunday, November 7, 2010

Make My Day!

"Go ahead, punk... make my day"....

(Punk.... I mean, Mr. Daddy!)

Ok, I must admit - I've been feeling a little 'edgier' than usual. Mom says it is just that time of year, and that I may feel this way for awhile. Sometimes I just have this overwhelming urge to ask to see a Clint Eastwood movie...

In fact, when my daddy closed the curtain for me this evening (after having to scream *twice*... humans can be so dense), I seriously considered reaching over and grabbing the edge of his flannel shirt....

It was so tempting. Of course, I might have wanted to go a little further and ever so *gently* press my beak into the deeper layers of the flannel part that covered his arm....

But alas, dad and I have an understanding. I allow him in my area to do what he needs to do (and no more), and then he must leave my presence. Now, if I say 'bye' when he enters the room, I expect him to turn around and leave. (I must admit we are still working on this a bit.)

It is not an easy task to train a human daddy. For my part, I agree not to scream in his ear when he is directly below me cleaning up the toys that I have scattered. I amuse myself with dropping them over and over again.... ha! What a sap...!

But really... is it wrong to be amused by watching the humans pick up my toys time after time? I think not! I believe it to be enrichment for them, and goodness knows we parrots understand the importance of keeping our humans enriched!!

Chop-chop, humans, this floor is a mess!!!!!
















PS: What does the dadders mean when he says I am lucky that Barney likes chicken and not parrots?

It seems to me all he really likes is napping!


COPYRIGHT © 2010 - ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

3 comments:

HungryBird said...

I love your dog! How big is he?

Arlene said...

A note from Rosie the budgie...
"Coco you crack me up. Isn't it fun to drop toys all over the place? I love bottle caps too.
We throw and they pick them up. Over and over and over....
Don't worry about the chicken talk and Barney. Barney is a big baby." :D

louara said...

You are such a silly girl Coco! You make me laugh the same way my little budgie girl does.
Why do you girls love to toss things around so much?! I think you like to drive us humans crazy!

Post a Comment