Wednesday, August 25, 2010

I'm on a Hunger Strike


I know I haven't had much to say lately, so I suppose I should fill you in on what's going on in my life! See, I'm reserving all of my energy as I am presently on a hunger strike.

It all started about a week or so ago, my mom was making a sandwich and dropped a piece of ham on the floor. Naturally, I was there to snarf it up (erm - I mean, I was there to make sure that the floor didn't get dirty?) - - yes, that was what it was!

3 second rule, right?

I'll tell ya what... I'm not positive the piece of ham actually touched the floor, but if it did, it was certainly for less than 3 seconds!

Since that time, I've had some serious emotional issues.

I must admit - my mind has been quite troubled. I now realize that this ham stuff, along with roast beef, turkey AND swiss cheese is kept in a bin in the refrigerator.

Yet - none of this has ever been added to my dinner. So - I am refusing to eat until my dinner bowl is 'beefed up' a bit.

Tonight, my dad tried to trick me into eating by putting some bacon drippings on my food.

No can do, dude.... unless you want to dredge some meat through those bacon drippings. I'm not settling for dry kibble with some canned food mixed in any more - I've put my paws down! (Well, actually, I've put them on the bed...)

Oh - memo to the supposed chef: since when do I eat canned peas and carrots? If they are leftovers, and you don't want to eat them, please don't put them in my bowl until they are mixed in a country stew with real beef gravy!

I'm not sure how long I'll hold out, because they've stopped giving me any treats. However - joke is on them - they also stopped giving me my breath biscuits and I think they may regret that in the middle of the night.... !

Meanwhile, I continue to conserve my energy so that I can beg for some more of that high quality country ham....




COPYRIGHT © 2010 - ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol sooo funny and realistic!

Arlene said...

Hang in there Barny old boy.
If I were you I would sneak some of that food they give you and pretend you didn't eat any. Gotta keep up your strength during a hunger strike.
This way they'll feel sorry for you and maybe, just maybe put some ham or beef bits in your dish.

Robin, Barney looks absolutely faint from hunger. :D

Post a Comment