Wednesday, January 20, 2010

I'm So Proud of Her

I'm so proud of her (my human companion)! She has finally shown a few signs of "getting it"!

For example, if I don't like food that is offered me, I throw it down. Give it to me a second time, I throw the food AND the bowl or toys, or a fit. Or, all three.

She has been admittedly slow about picking up on these signals. Thirteen years... and she will still ask, "what's wrong, don't you like that?"

If I liked it, would I spit it out?

Or, she will say, "aren't you hungry?"

I could be hungry, but I'm not desperate!

I like my peppers raw - not dried, I prefer walnuts over almonds, and if she won't eat brussel sprouts, I don't know what would possess her to give them to me!


However, recently, she has shown signs of great promise in the area of learning to dispense treats more to my liking. Sometimes she is so slow...

Since I would like to see and encourage more of this type of behavior in her, I've decided it might be appropriate to mark the occasion of her progress with a little ceremony. Something to let her know she has moved in the right direction.

So, I'm going to present her with this diploma tonight!
I'm not an owl, but I look pretty smart in my outfit, yes? !

Wish me luck on her continued training!








COPYRIGHT © 2009 - ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

6 comments:

Marianne said...

See- I knew she was training YOU! LOL!

Jim Stewart said...

Love it! Making me smile from ear to ear.

Arlene said...

Good job Professor Coco. You've trained her well.
I prefer walnuts over almonds too. ;) And who really does like brussel sprouts anyway.

Coco said...

:D I love it!!

P.S. I looove brussel sprouts, give em a second chance!!

louara said...

Congratulations on a successfully completing your training program! Wow, 13 years is a long time.
My budgie is still trying to train me, I am getting better at it, but it's tough.
You look very smart in your cap! I wish you continued success in maintaning your human's progress.

Mary H. said...

Ha. Great post! Our animals are always training us. Usually, I think, they're much better trainers than we are!

Mary

Post a Comment