Saturday, December 5, 2009

Coco's First Taste

As expected, the snow began falling this morning. However, it was nice and warm inside the crock pot!

After soaking all night, the beans, peas, rice, corn, and pasta, along with the dehydrated carrot, pepper, sweet potato, papaya and pineapple, were ready for draining and rinsing. Look how nicely the carrots plumped up! Everything looks perfect.
After adding the fresh carrot and sweet potato, and 3 1/2 hours in the crock pot, my husband and I tasted it, and were simply amazed. No salt, no sugar, not a single spice.... And it is incredibly delicious! I thought it would be bland, but far from it. The carrot and sweet potato have added a nice flavor and sweetness. Coco may like it with a bit more pepper flavor, so if she speaks up about that, I'll be sure to adjust the next batch accordingly.My husband actually asked me to take whatever I thought the birds might need, then throw some cooked, cut up chicken into the crock pot so he could eat the rest! He is a rather picky eater, so this request was quite unexpected.And now, Coco's first taste of Birdie Crock Pot Surprise...

A BIG hit! Enjoy the pictures!

Hmmm.... I'll be the judge if it is any good...


Heaven....



I'm only eating more to be polite...


I'm in Heaven....

Bean-face is a good thing!
I am hoping the Budgie-Boys will have an equally positive reaction caught on camera!

COPYRIGHT © 2009 - ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Coco didn't even hesitate eating your crock pot surprise did he? Man, he looks like he just dove right in. I am amazed at how quickly your birds try things. But, you spend lots of time with them so they are more trusting than most. I love the pictures. Thanks for sharing them. Now you've tempted me to try this. And if they don't go for it, I know Mark and I will. :)

We've had a few snowflakes in the air but not enough to matter. A few weeks ago we actually had snow stick to the ground for a few hours, but it was only a dusting and it melted by noon.

Have a great day Miss Robin.

Arlene said...

Yay for Coco! Did she look for more when it was all gone? I hope the boys like it as much as she did. In that second picture I can imagine her thinking "Mmmmm"

louara said...

My sister wants me to make some, for her lol.
Gracie-Mae would go cuckoo bananas for this I am sure.

Post a Comment