Wednesday, May 13, 2009

My Favorite Things

With Sammy and Strider now flying around invading (oops, I mean 'sharing') my space, I have been a bit tired as of late! And hungry!

I rather enjoy watching Strider follow Sammy around like a love-sick puppy dog! Talk about free entertainment! The transition of Strider sharing Fort Coco with Sammy and I has gone quite smoothly from my perspective. Except when I was trying to explain to Strider that the swing belongs to The Diva! I do not like to share it. Even if I am not using it, it is still mine. What part of that could be confusing?

I guess the bottom line is that Strider has not yet quite learned that I rule this place. He likes to play a game he calls 'chicken' by flying straight at me... well, does he not realize I am a parrot? I don't look anything like a chicken!

All this extra activity has increased my appetite. It seems all I think about is food...

Oh, and I started a thing called a 'molt'! It means the vacuum cleaner comes out more often. There is nothing like trying to out-scream the vacuum to get your day off on the right wing!

I wanted to share with you a little poem I wrote! (It is mostly about food... like I said, that's been on my mind a lot lately.) I know it is not much, but not bad for a parrot!

...
to the tune of

A Few of My Favorite Things


...from The Sound of Music!

Pecans and walnuts, and white rice with beans
Watc
hing mom clean while I'm being a queen
Hanging upside down from my perch as I scream,
These are a few of my favorite things!

Cashews and broccoli with pasta and popcorn,

Big bowls of bok choy with corn on the cob,
All of my vegetables tossed with hemp oil,
These are a few of my favorite things!




When the dog barks,
When my mom leaves,
When my swing is snatched,
I simply remember my favorite things
And then I don't scream... as loud!

Oh, I almost forgot!
Showers!
I LOVE showers!
Too late to work that into the poem....

Check me out - playing in the shower! It is most fun because I can choose if I want to get wet or not, and for how long! Cool, huh? Choice is a big thing around Fort Coco. (But if my green has not turned brown, I can promise you that my shower is not done!)

COPYRIGHT © 2009 - ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

im a bird!...

and a very smart one to do such a great remake of that song hehe...

Post a Comment