Saturday, May 30, 2009

Altitude Affects Attitude

I've found it a little easier to go into the bird room today. Each day gets minimally better, but the trend is in the right direction. Bolstered by phenomenal friends, multitudes of prayers, and all of your kind, encouraging messages on this blog, as well as the Talk Budgies Forum and the Birds of a Feather Forum, I am finding the strength I was not sure I ever could. These are the times you are reminded that there is strength in numbers and blessings in every situation.


Strider has begun relentlessly calling (and I do mean relentlessly). He is getting extra millet for his comfort food.

While I cannot say for sure that he pines for Sammy, it is what I suspect since he was getting quite attached to him.







Coco joined me for a shower this morning, signaling our attempt to get back to some sense of normalcy. She too does not seem herself. As I have mentioned before, it is impossible to say if she is experiencing a reaction to a change in her environment (Sammy's absence), or responding to the changes that she perceives in me.

We know that birds see far beyond that which we can comprehend. I believe that they can sense our body temperatures, blood pressure and perhaps so much more. I believe that their expanded view of the color spectrum permits them to see things in us that we might find quite surprising or believe that we have hidden.


Barney had no idea how exciting his day was going to be, and when we had not headed out by 9:00 am, he began acting all basset-hound'ie...
But when he saw the harness come out, he perked right up!
(Ummm, mom: what have I told you about 'pink' and 'flowers'? I distinctly remember asking for a camo-leash and dark green couch cover!)

The first stop on The Blue Ridge Parkway, the picnic area! There Barney met a lovely young lady, but mom was too busy looking at the view to think of taking a photo! (*smacking self in the head*)

We spent the next three hours at a variety of scenic overlooks, just taking in the beauty of the day, and placing our feet upon solid rock again.

These are old mountains, and they contain healing.
Since Barney could not scratch his name on a picnic table, he considered leaving his 'mark' in a different place:
We all had a wonderful, relaxing day much needed, leaving us refreshed and renewed.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I was sure by now, that you would have reached down and wiped our tears away, stepped in and saved the day. But once again I say 'amen', and it's still raining. But as the thunder rolls, I barely hear you whisper through the rain, 'I'm with you'. And as your mercy falls, I raise my hands and praise the God who gives and takes away.

I will praise you in the storm, and I will lift my hands. For you are who you are. No matter where I am. And every tear I cry, you hold in your hand. You never left my side. And though my heart is torn, I will praise you in the storm.

I remember when I stumbled in the wind, you heard my cry, you raised me up again. My strength is almost gone, how can I carry on, if I can't find you. But as the thunder rolls, I barely hear you whisper through the rain, 'I'm with you.' And as your mercy falls, I raise my hands and praise the God who gives and takes away.

I will praise you in the storm, and I will lift my hands. For you are who you are. No matter where I am. And every tear I cry, you hold in your hand. You never left my side. And though my heart is torn, I will praise you in the storm.

I lift my eyes unto the hills, where does my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord, the maker of heaven and earth.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love you Robin - The beauty and majesty of the Father's world definitely holds healing and I am glad you were able to find some of that today.

~Rach

Anneka said...

What a beautiful entry, Robin, and a wonderful way for me to finish this day by reading your post. Relaxing, calming, and encouraging.

Nature, but IMO mountains in particular, have a tremendous power of healing. Pope John Paul II often took trips to the mountains in Poland and Italy to meditate, get strength to lead the Catholic world and to simply admire their beauty.

wolfgirl1987 said...

Beautiful entry, Robin. I am glad that you could find healing in our Father's beautiful creation.

*huggles*

You and your fids are in my thoughts and prayers
~Shandi

Anonymous said...

Robin ~ That is a great song I have listen to many times on the radio! We are truly blessed to have such an awesome Father. In times of need He will always be there as difficult as it seems and comfort us and somehow we will get through these trials. God bless you!

Justin
TB

Post a Comment