Wednesday, May 27, 2009

28 Years, 2 Months, 27 Days

I knew Sammy wouldn't live forever. I knew I would never be ready to lose him.

I wasn't, and I am not.

He had a good life, freedom, spunk and an appetite for anything and everything. He did not die alone, he did not die in pain, and he did not linger nor suffer. I guess these are things we try to hang onto for comfort at times like this.

Yet comfort is a fleeting friend and pain is inconsolable at these times.

Sammy was loved, from the beginning to the end.

I hope you will all understand if I take a few days off from writing. Thank you.

10 comments:

Marianne said...

Goodbye, Sweet Sammy.

Goldielover said...

RIP Sammy. (more over at TB)

Rei Rei / Pitchii said...

I'm so sorry R. Sammy lived a wonderful happy life with you, but it's going to be hard on you and Stryder and Coco for a while. take care of yourself and I hope you start posting again when you are feeling a little better.
Thinking of you....

Anneka said...

Ohmygoodness, I am so very sorry Robin.
Sammy was such a beautiful tiel.

He still is flying free again.

Please take care of yourself because Coco and Strider need you.

birdyparadise said...

Wishing you strength

Shirley Morgan said...

Robin, I am so sorry! Prayers for you and Sammy. What a splendid loving fellow he was - he had a most magnificent life with you, filled with love and freedom and yummy meals - I am so sorry for your loss. Hugs and prayers coming your way.

Arlene said...

Hi Robin. Just wondering how you're doing.
All you can do is take one day at a time.
I'll bet Sammy is up in heaven telling all the other guys about his wonderful life he had with you.
Grief passes. Loving and happy memories are forever.
Take care.
-Arlene

louara said...

Robin,
I hope you are taking it easy and reflecting on all the good times you and Sammy have had. He had such a full and rich life with you. I believe you will meet again at Rainbow Bridge,until then know that he is watching out for you and Coco and Stryder . Take care, get some sleep and come back to us soon.
Louara and Gracie-Mae

wolfgirl1987 said...

NOOOO :( Poor Sammy! I have been very behind in reading the TB forum, and your blog. This is so sad. I am so sorry that you lost him *huggles*

Beloved Parrot said...

My condolences about Sammy. I just stumbled across your blog -- you have beautiful birds.

Post a Comment